“Prayer without work is empty words; Service without prayer is labor lost.”
What is DOK?
We are a group of Christian women who adopt a Rule of Life based on the promises of our Baptismal Covenant:
- To continue in the Apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in the prayers.
- To persevere in resisting evil, and when we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord.
- To proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ.
- To seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself.
- To strive for justice and peace among all people and respect the dignity of every human being.
We are women living a Rule of Prayer and Service to our neighbors. Parishioners can look to us for love and help in time of need or loneliness. We are women who work to spread Christ’s Kingdom here on earth. And we can never forget that prayer is the foundation from which our service grows!
We find The Order of the Daughters of the King to be a safe place in a busy world where we can be together and support each other in Christ’s love as we impact the world through prayer and service.
What does DOK do?
Our chapter is pleased to pray for any member of Saint David of Wales. We also provide meals for new mothers. We visit shut-ins, hospital patients or lost members to encourage them and pray with them if they would like. Our chapter sponsors Quiet Days during Advent and Lent, so that members of the parish can reconnect to Christ through prayer and quiet reflection. We try to provide suggestions for readings which allow you to reflect daily on who Christ is, how He helps us, or what experiences others have to share with us. We welcome any woman who is a communicant to join our chapter. It is a wonderful call! Please check our bulletin board for further information, or contact the parish office at 940-387-2622.